ACCOMPLISHING YOUR DREAMS IS NOT ABOUT ACHIEVING THE IMPOSSIBLE...IT IS SIMPLY ABOUT REDEFINING WHAT IS POSSIBLE

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Swimming in Champagne

I've spent a majority of my skiing life in the mountains of Steamboat CO. This year I took a trip up there with my brother and we managed to grab a couples sleds from my uncle to mess around with. The first day we got up there we headed up to Rabbit Ears pass just west of Steamboat Springs. It was a fun day of sledding but nothing like the day to come. That night a storm rolled into the area and the forecast called for 4-6 inches. We decided to take the sleds out again hoping for a little bit of fun in the powder. We got lot more fun and some stress than we were expecting. When we got up to the pass we found almost 2 feet of new snow and it was still dumping. It was unreal how much snow was up there.
We took a few runs in bottomless snow and of course managed to get stuck many times. We spent a large part of the day riding then getting stuck and riding again, but overall it was worth it.

A few shots of myself struggling to breathe.

And a couple of my brother.

The next day we decided to ski the the reported 14 inches in bounds. I;ve had some of the best days of skiing in my life at Steamboat and this was up there on the list. The snow was deep and possibly the lightest I've ever seen it.

Here are a few shots from the day.

A sequence from my favorite glade on the mountain just out of bounds.

Some shots from the end of the day of my brother Frank and friend Jarrett in pillow line just of the side of the run that goes under the gondola.

Frank

Jarrett really trying to keep his tips up.

And a few more blower turns to end the day.


Jarrett

Overall it was a great trip and it once again proves there's really no place like the Boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment